Tuesday, November 30, 2010

December 1st tomorrow? Really?

How is that possible?! As you may have noticed, this year I have posted an overwhelming number of updates on my really cool blog! I'm feeling increasingly pressured to exceed even my own expectations. I mean now even Jonathan has a blog - and he's not even in the country with anytime access to internet. What an amazing young man, huh?

Well anyway, I felt that I should give you all fair warning that Beaufort has lots of fun (and free) activities this time of year and so it has inspired me to re-activate the social networking of my life. It has been completely selfish of me to deprive you of news of all the fun that I have here on the coast.

You'll be jealous to know that today is almost 70 degrees! I can walk barefoot on the beach, if I want to. I probably won't, actually, as I have all the tell tale signs of being/getting sick. But, if I wanted to, I could.

I also know that all of you are probably dearly concerned about the stray cat that I took in this past June, named Mia, by Christie. You heard at lunch on Saturday, how she bust through the screen on the screen porch and got out, repeatedly. I believe she was searching for me. Well, Brett "sewed" the screen with fishing line, which kept her in, for a day or two, but after I left again yesterday to go to work, she busted free (again most likely in search of me). When I got home, she was sitting under the side porch waiting, (for me of course). The unfortunate bit of all of this is that the front porch of the shack is not more than five feet from the highway. It was widened last year to put in a turning lane for the development. I'm afraid I'm going to come home one day to a very unpleasant scene. Now that she has gotten out, she appears to have cast off her "inside" cat lifestyle and wishes to convert to an indoor/outdoor life. Locking her up inside without access to her screen porch where she lived so peacefully for the past four months, proved to be disastrous for the interior of my house, which although it is a shack, is still my home. Suggestions (not violent) are welcome.

As a last and final note, Thanksgiving was wonderful. I have come to fully embrace the Anderson Family Thanksiving Extravaganza and hope that it may be a tradition that we continue. I don't realize how much I miss each and every one of you, until I see you and then you are gone. For instance, when I got up and went to work yesterday, there were no little people there running at me with arms wide open and lips puckered up for kisses! How dull to have been back to work. So hoping and looking forward to hearing from and seeing you all, on Facebook, your respective blogs, email, and text messaging.  I choose to fully embrace the world of social media from this point out and bore you all to death with the mundane details of my fabulous life!

Until next time . . .

2 comments:

  1. Since it is 70 degrees there...I think we should come for a visit. Everyone left us here with yucky, cold rain that has flooded the streets and delayed schools for two hours. Hope you feel better soon! Good luck getting your cat to stay safe...sounds like your work is cut out for you. BTW--we miss having you around to hug! (Especially Rebekah!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like a fascinating life and that poor cat, to bad i don't really like cats. But i hope nothing happens to it. -katalina

    ReplyDelete

Weather On The Coast!